Visa and FRRO Information
Student VISA information
- International students who wish to study in India should obtain a Student Visa before travelling to India.
- Once the student has been issued a confirmed admission letter to study at the University, he/she should immediately apply for Student Visa at their nearest Indian embassy. The visa can be applied for from any of the Indian Embassies / High Commission. Click here to view the list of Indian Embassies / High Commissions.
- International students taking admission at Career Point University should make sure that the Student Visa is endorsed to Career Point University by the visa issuing authority.
- A request for change of university or institution subsequently made cannot be considered. In this case you would be required to go back to your home country and apply for a new visa.
- Also, if you have entered India on basis of documents provided by the University then it is your responsibility to ensure that you directly join and report to the University. The Visa endorsed on the name of the University or obtained on the basis of University documents cannot be used for any other purpose like employment, admission to any other university/college/institute/academy etc or for non-regular (distance/online) mode of education.
- After reaching the university students have to get the visa verified by the University and have to deposit a copy of the valid visa
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that throughout his/her study period student is on valid visa.
- In case the initial visa is not endorsed for the complete duration of the programme or student has to extend the stay because he/she is not able to complete the programme in the stipulated time then the student should apply for the extension of the visa before visa expires.
- It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that visa should be applied well in advance and time. It generally takes 3-8 weeks to get the Indian Visa thus it is advisable to apply for the visa accordingly and consult the Indian High Commission/Embassy if required.
- Students joining the university after the prescribed time period may be denied admission.
Registration of Visa After arrival.
- It is part of the normal mandatory process that within the stipulated timeframe of arrival in India, the student has to register his/her name with the police in the designated Foreigner Regional Registration Office (FRRO) at KOTA, RAJASTHAN.
- The time frame or rules for the FRRO may vary from 24 hours to 14 days of arrival depending on the country of origin, thus seek the most updated information from the Ministry of External Affair website.
- A student with a PIO card also must register at the FRRO. Only OCI card holders need not register.
- University would only provide necessary assistance in this regard and it is the responsibility of the students to get the registration done and provide the copy of the FRRO certificate to the University within the stipulated time as prescribed by the University from time to time. Failure to do so may lead to cancellation of the admission.
- The applicable processing fees for the FRRO/Visa extension/immigration processing fees and other related expenses have to be additionally borne by the student.
- It is also the responsibility of the student to inform designated FRRO in case they are leaving the county (both in case of temporary movement like going for holidays and also in case students want to permanently leave the county because the programme is over or students wants to discontinue the programme or student has been expelled or have been denied admission.)
- Students are not required to register himself/herself on each visit as long as he/she is visiting on the same visa on which he/she is registered earlier. However, the registered foreigner needs to report to FRRO, if; re-enters India on a fresh visa.
- Further, if the registered foreigner obtains a new passport during the validity of his registration and visa, then the foreigner is required to get the visa transferred on to his new passport from FRRO.
- Also, in case there are any changes in the foreign registration rule then University may seek more information as required from the student and/or can direct to follow the most recent guidelines as applicable and define by the government from time to time.
- University may debar the student to continue attending classes or staying in the university residential facility if student does not maintain a valid visa/ FRRO or does not follow any guidelines issued by the Govt. of India/ Govt. of Rajasthan/University/ any other authority from time to time.
- For loss of attendance/academics or any expenditure so occurred because of such action by the university, the student himself will be responsible and no relaxation or benefit may be provided in such cases and all expenditure has to be born by the student.
- In case the initial FRO certificate is not endorsed for the complete duration of the programme or student has to extend the stay because he/she is not able to complete the programme in the stipulated time then the student should apply for the extension of the FRO before it expires.
- Admission Office in Indian:
The Director (Admission)
Office of International Affairs,
Career Point, 4th Floor CP Tower-1, Road No.1, IPIA, Kota, Rajasthan. PIN - 324005
Email ID: email@example.com
Phone: +91-9079134716 | +91-744-6630551